Posted Date: Jan 6, 2020
- We have an opening for a SR SOUS CHEF position.
- Location: PALO ALTO, CA Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule:MONDAY-FRIDAY, 6AM-4PM
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 356149 . Click here to view more.
- You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/Job Summary
The Sr Sous Chef for Bon Appetit Management Company is responsible for
assisting with the overall success of the Food Program. This means adhering to the
Client's culture and guidelines, the Health Department's regulations, and Bon
Appétit's standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation.
This position oversees the kitchen's daily administrative, operational, and culinary
tasks, including sanitation and safety. This position also motivates, trains, develops
and directs the back of house employees to accomplish the objectives of the
operation to the satisfaction of the customers, clients, and Bon Appetit Management
· Supervision and Development of Staff
· Food Programs
· Customer Service and Client Relations
· Financial Management and Analysis
· Kitchen & Café Supervision
· Special Events
• A minimum of 3 years kitchen supervisory experience or applicable
culinary experience in a similar volume, quality food service establishment
• Posses general hospitality knowledge and interest in sustainability and
sustainable food practices
• Operate Web based ordering systems, process customer
requests, changes to orders, menu updates and client profiles.
• Proficient with word processing and compose basic email memos
• Posses the ability to meet Bon Appétit unit specific uniform standards
for this position.
• Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment's per Bon Appétit guidelines
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 356149
Apply on company website