Posted Date: Jan 8, 2020
- We have an opening for a Retail Managerposition.
- Location: Burbank, CA Note: online applications accepted only.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 345379 . Click here to view more.
- You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/Job Summary
Working as Retail Manager, you will be responsible for the successful retail operation of Food & Nutrition Services for multiple cafe units.
- Plans and supervises special functions, maintains cash controls, payroll records, and oversees the hiring and training of our hourly team members
- Ensures customer satisfaction and good public relations through the safe and efficient uses of resources
- Directs staff to provide scheduled retail services in accordance with corporate policies and presentation standards
- Trains staff in customer service, proper portioning, cashier skills, and safety/sanitation
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
- Communicates effectively with all team members, patients and families
- Implements and maintains cash handling standards as outlined in the Corporate Policies and Procedures Manual to eliminate theft of services or Company funds
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus three years of directly related experience preferred.
- Minimum of one to three years of retail operational foodservice management experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Good knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, marketing and presentation
- P&L accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Experience with cash retail operations
- Retail marketing experiences are highly desirable
- Supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, customer and associate levels
- Knowledge of financial, budgetary, accounting and computational practices
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 345379
Apply on company website