Posted Date: Dec 6, 2019
- We have an opening for a EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF position.
- Location: Chase Center, San Francisco, CA Note: online applications accepted only.
- Requirement: 4+ years of high volume culinary operations experience
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/Job Summary
As an Executive Sous Chef with Bon Appetit, it will be your primary responsibility to execute cuisine that exceeds guest expectations and provide strong leadership while delivering cost goals and living our Company vision and values. You will maintain recipes to meet core standards, ensure that all safety and sanitation standards are met, ensure show quality food and presentations are occurring in all areas, while continually gaining culinary expertise and food knowledge.
Major Areas of Responsibility
All performance standards are achieved through the use of the Core Signatures guidelines.
- Executes menus in accordance to brand standards
- Maintains recipes to meet core standards
- Ensure that team members consistently deliver Heartfelt Hospitality to every guest, every time
- Ensures team members have the tools necessary to complete their jobs
- Ensures show quality standards are maintained at all times
- Regularly obtains feedback from clients and guests to improve operations
- Supports and communicates Company initiatives
- Respond and assist in any departmental guest service issues
- Holds team accountable to steps of service to deliver great guest service
- Executes preventive maintenance schedule as set forth by Director of Operations
- Conducts daily walk throughs in culinary areas for each event
- Continually gains culinary expertise
- Practices proper product control and handling of all inventory and equipment
- Achieves daily sales and assigned cost goals
- Ensures that all security, safety and sanitation standards are achieved
- Employs good safety and sanitation practices
- Forecasts and adequately schedules team members to meet operational needs and desired targets
- Provides operational planning to ensure adequate products and equipment are ordered for anticipated business levels
- Ensures team members adhere to Company guidelines as stated in team member training manual and employee handbook
- Displays a positive attitude towards team members
- Interviews, hires, trains and develops team members according to Company guidelines
- Conducts regular scheduled meetings to ensure lines of communication are open between management and team members
- Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
- Uses all performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to team
- Assists fellow team members when necessary
- Mentors Sous Chefs to improve their skills and leadership abilities
- Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members by speaking and comprehending English
- English reading, writing, math and computer skills required
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Stamina to work 60 hours or more per week
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts
- Possible job hazards include, but are not limited to; slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts and strains
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 344467
Apply on company website