Posted Date: Feb 5, 2020
- We have an opening for a DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS- FOOD SERVICEposition.
- Location: Johns Hopkins University- Baltimore, MD Note: online applications accepted only.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/Job Summary
Working as a Director of Operations- Food Service, you are responsible for maintaining the account along with the General Manager in accordance with the approved budget while meeting client expectations. You will conduct programs while maintaining excellent relationships with employees, guests and the client as well as other departments within the operation. You will promote the professional growth and development of the entire team. You will be expected to foster strong interdepartmental relations and integrate the dining service department with the facility plan of operations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Interviews, hires, trains and coaches employees and managers
- Participates in employee meetings and training programs
- Maintains food cost while ensuring quality standards
- Manages purchasing and inventory controls
- Is knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree is preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- Five to seven years higher education or upscale food service experience, including one year experience of multi-unit management
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, flexible and adaptable to constant changes and must possess attention to detail
- Must have union experience
- Supervisory, scheduling, training and coaching skills
- Effective problem solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions
- Monitor food purchasing, food costs, preparation, production and inventory control
- Prepare and monitor budgets, flash reports, financial targets and forecasts
- Menu planning in consultation with chefs
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports
- Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional business etiquette and client relations
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong catering experience required
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 368292
Apply on company website