POSITION REPORT TO: Director of Operations
POSITION LOCATION: Assigned Restaurant
DATE REVISED: November 2017
Statement of Purpose:
The position of General Manager is a fast paced role that assists with managing the daily operations and staff of the restaurant, including the execution of all company policies, procedures, programs, and systems. The General Manager provides leadership, direction, training, and development to subordinate managers and staff. The General Manager also contributes to the success of the restaurant by building sales, working towards company goals, as well as driving restaurant profitability. Decisions are guided by established policies and procedures as well as the Director of Operation. Receives guidance and oversight from the Director of Operations.
- Management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees including termination of employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure employee's success on the job and guest satisfaction.
- Shapes culture of restaurant and works diligently to ensure a high level of employee engagement in the restaurant.
- Model professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, and hospitable atmosphere that encourages people to do their BEST.
- Establish and participate in common restaurant activities and local marketing programs designed to enhance goodwill.
- Communicate sales performance and anticipated variances to the restaurant management team. Cascade corporate programs and initiatives to the management team and staff.
- Occasionally assist with category job duties (bussing, serving, host, grill line, etc.), as needed. (All state and federal labor laws apply
- Monitor and utilize follow-up systems to achieve profitability objectives.
- Promote suggestive selling techniques.
- Maximize table turnover, sales per guest, and sales per hour.
- Build relationships/partnerships within the community by networking within the local market to represent Bob Evans.
- Develop ROI/business cases for local store marketing.
- Meet and greet guests; investigate and resolve food quality/service issues.
- Effectively manage the restaurant within the policies and company guidelines while ensuring 100% guest satisfaction at all times
- Maintain efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management.
- Ensure OSHA, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met.
- Enforce safe work behaviors to maintain a safe environment for both guests and crew members.
- Monitor daily activities to ensure quality food and cleanliness standards.
- Control day-to-day operations and profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing food and labor, reviewing financial reports and schedules, and taking appropriate actions.
- Manage food, labor, paper and other controllable costs. Control food costs by following recipes and portion control; as well as being responsible for weekly inventory process
- Manage costs by optimizing weekly schedules of employees and monitoring daily schedules and sales performance through effective use of the company's labor scheduling tool.
- Ensure proper use of restaurant equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining facility and all company assets.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution abilities
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Dedication to providing exceptional guest service
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Exceptional team building capability
- Basic business math and accounting skills
- Basic personal computer literacy
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to be a role model in employee appearance and presentation
- Available to work a variety of shifts and weekends
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in a leadership role is required.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of prior experience in a family, fast-food, or casual dining restaurant is strongly preferred
- College and/or culinary schooling preferred
- A minimum age of 21 years
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Must have a vehicle to take cash deposits to the designated local bank.
- Must be able to travel to business meetings and other locations as needed.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 50 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read and write clearly.
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have ability to freely access all areas of restaurant including selling floor(s), stock area, and register area.
Apply on company website