The ACE Hardware Clerk is responsible for processing and stocking of product, building and filling displays, receiving cash from customers or Associates in payment for goods or services in a quick and friendly manner while providing genuine customer care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives store sales by ensuring that all customers are acknowledged, customer projects needs are met, and concerns are resolved quickly
- Processes and stocks deliveries and back stock
- Builds and fills displays
- Performs product scanning and processing of customer's orders in an accurate, efficient, and prompt manner.
- Ensures proper handling of all forms of tender and coupons.
- Processes and is accountable for other services handled at the register.
- Answers incoming phone calls using proper phone etiquette
- Performs fixed activities as assigned.
- Assists with store maintenance and cleaning
- Follows all store and department policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Excellent people skills
- Good organizational skills
- Quick reaction/response time
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Some hardware knowledge
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Present information and respond to questions from customers or associates
- Basic math concepts (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- This position has no required certifications, licenses, or registrations
- Slip resistant shoes with closed toe and heel
- Safety Cutter
- Uniform per store policy
Regularly (Over 2/3 of the time)
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Communicate with associates and customers
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Frequently (Between 1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Occasionally (Less than 1/3 of the time)
- Overhead lifting
- Lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Ability to adjust focus
- Ability to distinguish colors
- Outside weather conditions
- Work in high places
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Toxic or caustic chemicals
- Risk of electrical shock
- Moderate in most areas
- High in areas with lumber processing equipment
**Niemann Foods Management retains the discretion to add to or change the position requirements at any time.
**Position requirements may vary by store location
Apply on company website