Bob Evans… Where Good Grows!
- Do you like recognition for a job well done?
- Do you want to be given that chance for a promotion?
- Are you tired of working late nights?
- Do you believe in treating strangers like friends and friends like family?
- If any of these questions resonate with you, then we encourage you to apply.
At Bob Evans, you are in the driver's seat of your career. As Bob Evans himself liked to say, “You can't look at your future in your rearview mirror.” Put that turn signal on, change directions, and head straight to Bob Evans, where good grows.
Not sure yet? Then please take a few minutes to check out some of our employee stories at careers.bobevans.com.
We continue to update our safety and sanitation procedures to follow the current CDC, local, and state guidelines. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for both our employees and guests.
Bob Evans Restaurants, LLC is EEO compliant and participates in E Verify.
POSITION REPORT TO: Restaurant General Manager
POSITION LOCATION: Assigned Restaurant
DATE REVISED: November 2017
Statement of Purpose:
The position of Assistant Manager is a fast paced role that assists with managing the daily operations and staff of the restaurant, including the execution of all company policies, procedures, programs, and systems. The Assistant Manager provides leadership, direction, training, and development to subordinate staff. The Assistant Manager also contributes to the success of the restaurant by building sales, working towards company goals, as well as driving restaurant profitability. Decisions are guided by established policies and procedures as well as the General Manager of the restaurant. Receives guidance and oversight from the restaurant General Manager on a regular basis.
- Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, and training employees; assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure employee's success on the job and guest satisfaction.
- Model professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, and hospitable atmosphere that encourages people to do their BEST.
- Occasionally assist with category job duties (bussing, serving, host, grill line, etc), as needed. (All state and federal labor laws apply).
- Assist with building store sales, by ensuring complete and timely execution of corporate & local marketing programs.
- Promote and follow suggestive selling techniques.
- Maximize table turnover, sales per guest, and sales per hour.
- Meet and greet guests; investigating and resolving food quality/service issues.
- Effectively manage the restaurant within the policies and company guidelines while ensuring 100% guest satisfaction at all times.
- Assist in maintaining efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management.
- Ensure OSHA, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met.
- Enforce safe work behaviors to maintain a safe environment for both guests and crew members.
- Monitor daily activities to ensure quality food and cleanliness standards.
- Control day-to-day operations and profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing food and labor, reviewing financial reports and schedules, and taking appropriate actions.
- Control food costs by following recipes and portion control.
- Control costs by monitoring daily schedules and sales performance through effective use of the company's labor scheduling tool.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution abilities
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Dedication to providing exceptional guest service
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Exceptional team building capability
- Basic business math and accounting skills
- Basic personal computer literacy
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to be a role model in employee appearance and presentation
- Available to work a variety of shifts and weekends
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior leadership experience preferred, but not required
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience in a family, fast-food, or casual dining restaurant is preferred
- College and/or culinary schooling preferred
- A minimum age of 19 years
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Must have a vehicle to take cash deposits to the designated local bank.
- Must be able to travel to business meetings and other locations as needed.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 50 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read and write clearly.
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have ability to freely access all areas of restaurant including selling floor(s), stock area, and register area.
Apply on company website