Job Description Additional Information About the Role
- Sign-on Bonus up to $15,000
- 10 and 12-hour shifts available
- Must have OR experience
Memorial Hospital Belleville is an acute care hospital offering medical and surgical services plus critical and emergency care including Children's at Memorial for pediatric emergency care. It provides patients a full complement of diagnostic and treatment services as well as heart and vascular care. Memorial, offering medical and surgical services plus critical care, is an accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care and is designated as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital by the Illinois Department of Public Health. In addition, Memorial Belleville recently was accredited by the American College of Radiology as a designated Lung Cancer Screening Center. Since 2008, it has been designated as a Magnet®-recognized organization for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Memorial Hospital Shiloh, a 94-bed, all-private suite hospital was recognized with Magnet status in 2018 and provides emergency care, labor & delivery, nursery, medical and surgical services plus critical care.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation within guidelines for standards of nursing care to inpatients and outpatients in the perioperative environment established by AORN.
- Educates patients and their families about the communication process during the procedure, what to expect, and any support resources, as appropriate. Serves as liaison between physician and the patient and family.
- Demonstrates competence and independent practice in roles of scrubbing and/or circulating for all HSO-defined surgical services.
- Uses established safety techniques in preparing for and assisting with surgical procedures; provides and sets up necessary instruments, supplies and equipment for different types of surgeries or procedures according to established safety requirements and preferences of physician.
- Keeps patients safe from adverse events associated with surgery/procedure, including but not limited to: infection, burns, pressure ulcers, wrong site surgery, etc. Has knowledge of wound stage classifications. Observes patient during procedure to detect possible complications and/or breaks in sterile technique; furnishes emergency equipment and supplies to prevent adverse outcomes. Preserves and labels operative specimens for analysis.
- Participates in activities that promote safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development and life long learning. May participate in orientation and preceptorship of new staff, as needed.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing
- 2-5 years Experience
- RN License
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Certified Perioperative Nurse (CNOR)
- Mastery Test Out
- Periop 101
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website