Develops and implements therapy programs:
• based upon student's individual needs
• in accord with school philosophy
• utilizing state of the art techniques
Participates in all aspects of the interdisciplinary treatment team
• including but not limited to:
• formal meetings
• informal meetings
• Maintains and submits clinical documentation as required and within required time frames, including but not limited to:
• Annual and Quarterly Progress Reports
• Daily session notes on EasyTrac
• IEP documentation
Participates in meetings as specified by the facility including but not limited to: department meetings
• supervisory meetings
• staff meetings
• team meetings
• Module meetings
Functions as a student advocate as needed both as an internal representative and for outside meetings (e.g.,
Evaluates the effectiveness of programs in the classroom including but not limited to:
• language lessons
• group communication programs
Maintains appropriate and effective interpersonal relationships with team members, other staff, department members, supervisors, administrative staff, parents, and outside agencies and demonstrates the following skills:
• open communication skills with others
• the ability to self-evaluate
• the ability to utilize supervision
• flexibility in all facets of the working relationship
• the ability to both offer and accept assistance to/from others
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Master's Degree
• Working with School Age Special Needs Students preferred, but not required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Certificates & Licenses
• Master's Degree in Speech Pathology. Licensure/certification in Speech Pathology. NYS Teacher of Speech and Hearing Handicapped Certification (TSHH/TSSLD).
Apply on company website