- Gathers and files all paperwork related to new hires, including contracts/agreements.
- Ensures new hires have the necessary technical assistance to complete electronic onboarding. Providing in-person 1:1 support to new hires, as needed.
- Works with HR Generalists to send formal offer letters and electronic onboarding links to prospective employees.
- Collects new hire paperwork.
- Reviews documents to ensure thorough and accurate completion.
- Ensures proper clearances of staff, including criminal background checks, DOE PETS, SEL, SCR, Fingerprinting, Sex Offender registry, and Medical Exclusion List, among others.
- Answers new hire queries including work schedules, orientation and training schedules and dress codes.
- Liaises with Birch Training Department to facilitate new hire orientation process.
- Works with HR Administrative Assistant and oversees completion of new hire electronic files.
- Bachelors or Associates in Human Resources Management or a related field preferred
- 1-2 years of experience as an onboarding specialist or similar Human Resources role.
- Experience with standard HR software, i.e. ATS and resume databases
- Good working knowledge of HR practices and labor legislation.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and be sensitive to maintaining confidentiality.
Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with programs, external partners and colleagues and executive management.
Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various
competing demands, and demonstrates the highest level of customer service and
Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Performs additional duties as required by Human Resources Manager.
Apply on company website