Expert level skilled specialist that is cross-trained and fully proficient in all operational areas, including Phlebotomy, Donor Processing and Plasma Processing. Works throughout the center as needed as directed by management. Acts as a resource and is a designated trainer.
Primary responsibilities for role:
● Maintain the ability to perform any/all tasks within the plasma center; fulfill the role of production employees and supervise donor flow.
● Learn and maintain thorough familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and internal company procedures.
● Supervise donor selection, plasma collection and all manufacturing records to maintain the highest production standards in accordance with Federal and State regulations, with FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, OSHA, CLIA and cGMP.
● Attend all required training sessions, staff meetings, etc.
● Ensures that accurate and thorough documentation of necessary records is performed.
● Under the guidance of the Center Manager and/or the Assistant Manager, assure facility is maintained in a neat and clean condition and all equipment is kept in good working order.
● Submit timely and accurate reports as required by the Center Manager and/or the Assistant Manager.
● Assist in the control of center donor funds as determined by the Center Manager and/or the Assistant Manager.
● Assist in the training of new employees and retraining of current employees.
● Maintains active communication with other service areas to ensure accurate documentation and quality.
● Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
● Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to area lead, supervisor or manager.
● May be trained to repair plasma center equipment.
● Assist the Center Manager and/or Assistant Manager in any task necessary in pursuit of company objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Good customer service skills. Proficient in speaking and writing English, with legible handwriting. Where applicable, bi-lingual skills. Ability to understand, explain, and follow SOP's and
protocols. Ability to work flexible scheduling to meet business needs. Ability to perform in a highly regulated, operations intensive, high volume medical business in which the safety of donors and employees, as well as the quality of the plasma collected, are paramount.
Education: High school diploma or GED. Certified as a Phlebotomist, Donor Processor, Plasma Processor, and Designated Trainer.
Experience: Typically requires 4 years of related experience with performing phlebotomy, donor processing, and plasma processing duties with demonstrated proficiency to handle difficult situations.
Equivalency: Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated
requirements. Example: If a job level typically requires an Associate's degree plus 2 years of experience, an equivalent could include 4 years of experience or a Bachelor's degree.
Occupational Demands: Occupational Demands Form # 73: Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office and
laboratory equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32 degrees F while performing functions in plasma freezers. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments, gloves and cold-gear. Work is performed both standing for up to 4 to 6 hours per day and sitting 1 to 2 hours per day each. The position does require bending and twisting of neck up from 1 to 2 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Frequent foot movement; may squat, crouch or sit on one's heels on rare occasion. Infrequently bends and twists at waist. Light lifting of 15lbs. with a maximum lift of 50lbs. May reach below shoulder height. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works independently and within guidance of oral or written instructions. Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions. Relates sensitive information to diverse groups.
Apply on company website