Under the supervision of a physical therapist, administers physical therapy treatments to patients/residents. Work may be performed in one or more areas of CAH Facility to include hospital, inpatient and outpatient.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Administers therapeutic activities manual therapy , heat, light, sound, water, and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared, and hot/cold packs.
• Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain, using intermittent and static traction equipment.
• Instructs, motivates, and assists patients/residents to learn and improve functional activities.
• Observes patients/residents during treatments and compiles and assesses data on patients'/residents' responses to treatments and progress. Coordinates information with the physical therapist. Documents in medical records according to established procedures.
• Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
• Coordinates and confers with other members of the health care team to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment care plans.
• May measure patient's/resident's range of joint motion, length and girth of body parts, muscle strength and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist physical therapist to compile data for patient evaluations.
• Performs other clerical duties, such as timely and accurate entry of patient charges, taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephones, taking messages, or completing forms.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Participates and attends educational meetings with respect to continuing education, co-worker in-services, and Billings Clinic educational course offerings to enhance knowledge and further professional skills.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Apply on company website