Incumbents in this position are responsible for answering all incoming phone calls to the Central Appointment Desk (CAD) for scheduling appointments and diagnostic procedures, as well as pre-registration of new patients and patients seen in outreach clinics.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Promptly and courteously answers CAD telephone calls, coordinating the scheduling of patient appointments in a manner that meets the patients needs. Offers alternatives when appropriate to accommodate the patient.
• Accesses on-line physician/provider scheduling protocols for each appointment scheduled to ensure scheduling accuracy.
• Schedules and enters orders for ancillary services via the order communication system. Instructs patients on specific preparations and/or restrictions necessary to prepare for ancillary procedures.
• Accesses any resources necessary to assist in meeting the needs of the caller (e.g. Level II scheduling staff, nursing staff, HealthLine, leadership, Red Flag Chief Complaint List, etc.).
• Verifies basic demographic information when scheduling; pre-registers all new patients and fully registers all outreach clinic patients.
• Informs patients of any financial/insurance obligations they may expect at the time of their appointment.
• Performs clerical duties to include filing, mailing patient appointment reminders, faxing outreach schedules, and completing ancillary service orders.
• Creates edits and maintains master templates for physician, hospital and clinic ancillary appointment types and scheduling protocols as requested by physicians and in accordance with access initiatives. Communicates changes in protocols to appropriate personnel.
• Reschedules patients whose appointments are affected by a change in physician schedule. Communicates BILLINGS CLINIC apologies for any inconvenience to the patient and strives to reschedule in such a way that meets the patients need.
• Provides educational opportunities to physicians, nursing and administration allowing for the creation of a schedule template which will positively affect the physician in achieving productivity needs, patient satisfaction and reduce the need to revise schedules.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Prefer one year of office experience related to above tasks
· Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Apply on company website