Student Central is a single service area for students, the public, and the campus community. Specific comprehensive and confidential service and information is provided within Student Central from programs identified as Enrollment Services, Credentials and Evaluations, Financial Aid, and Testing & Placement Services. This position works within the Student Central service area and provide support to these program areas.
The position provides specialized information to program participants (students) and to staff outside of Student Central. In addition to specialized information, a key function of this position is to perform tasks that are unique to the Enrollment Services and Financial Aid Office programs. Critical functions include interpretation, review and application of program specific policies, procedures and regulations that are unique to Enrollment Services and Financial Aid programs. In addition, this position works directly with students to provide problem resolution specific to the students' needs within a delegated area of authority.
This is a part-time temporary hourly position, maximum 18 hours per week.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 45% students of color and over 1,800 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
- Provide excellent direct transformational service to students and other visitors within the Student Central service area, in person, and on the phone.
- Conduct unique Student Central business, which includes providing information about specific processes and requirements, updates, directions, and regulations, along with enrollment and financial aid functions, processes and procedures.
- Focus on the student experience and take a holistic approach when working with students and other visitors.
- Work to provide problem resolution for students experiencing difficulties and direct students to take appropriate courses of action based on student specific situations, and in accordance with college, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Refer students with complex situations that require exceptions to policies and procedures to higher level staff.
- Assist higher level staff in the development of processes and activities needed to effectively serve the students and other visitors accessing the unique programs and services located in Student Central.
- Confer regularly with staff regarding the interpretation and implementation of program policies, and participate in establishing Student Central standards and identify areas for Student Central development.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Ability to use a computer for word processing, data entry, web activities, and written communication.
- Effective communicate skills, including with whom English is a second language. Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Knowledgeable of, and experience working in accordance of, federal, state and college regulations and policies.
- Ability to work under general direction in a busy work environment with regular interruptions; Work well under stressful situations and manage stress appropriately
- Ability to work within a team environment, which promotes collaboration and cooperation to achieve team goals and deliverables.
- Ability to problem-solve and successfully work through challenging situations. Ability to exercise clear judgment and common sense.
- Must be customer/student focused with ability to build and maintain student satisfaction with the services offered by the program specialty or Student Central.
- Must be open to development & continual learning and display an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
Applications received by 06/21/2021 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled.
Sexual Misconduct and Background Check:
Prior to start of employment, finalists(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington State Law.
How to apply:
Click on the word Applyat the top right corner of the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete:
- Complete an online Application (note that stating "See Resume" on any section of the online Application will be deemed incomplete)
- Attach a Cover Letter
- Attach a Resume
- Attach a Diversity Statement (max 1 page) that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity.
Apply on company website