We live by a promise to our customers that we make it easy to feel at home. We've made enhancements to our store the environment and implemented health and safety best practices to ensure a clean and safe shopping environment for customers and a safe workplace for our associates.
Here are some examples of the things that we are doing to make it easy to feel safe at work too.
- Reduced hours of operation
- Associate temperature checks before the start of every shift
- Providing our associates with public health guidance safety training recommendations and recommended supplies for use at work
- Social distancing measures ensured in workspaces and breakrooms. Guidance provided to our customers for their safety and yours
- Protective barriers at cash registers
- All stores follow rigorous cleaning procedures recommended by the public health guidance association.
As a Receiving Specialist, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers' evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Receiving Specialist ensures that customer orders are processed in an accurate manner within expected productivity guidelines. The Receiving Specialist must possess a strong attention to detail and be able to perform a wide variety of job tasks, both on the sales floor and in the receiving area as business needs dictate.
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for taking customer orders, picking/retrieving the items, packaging and then shipping the items to customers in a timely manner
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects and records discrepancies or damages
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Manage and process freight flow by verifying units received and unpacking and processing merchandise
- Provide direction to organize and rearranges merchandise as needed to execute stocking plans and presentation standards
- Acknowledge customers in a courteous, helpful and respectful manner; prompting and politely responds to customer inquiries and customer requests for support
- Perform all responsibilities associated with cashiering, when required
- Support housekeeping standards throughout facility, cleans back room and sales floor as needed
- Execute price changes and sign changes as needed
- Perform additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes and cart retrieval
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of retail experience desired
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website