Bed Bath & Beyond is actively seeking a Compensation Manager to join our Corporate team. The role will sit in our Union, NJ headquarters.
The Total Rewards Center of Excellence at Bed Bath & Beyond provides a holistic perspective and approach to total rewards and the Associate Value Proposition of the organization. We are strategic business partners to ensure our total rewards programs allow us to attract, retain and engage the highest caliber talent.
The Manager, Compensation will develop, execute and maintain the Company's total compensation (direct and indirect) strategies, programs and guidelines to align with business objectives.
- Performs analyses of market wages, pay practices and trends, develops recommendations and advises management with regard to salary decisions (e.g. new hires, promotions, adjustments) and the Company's overall competitive positioning in the market with regard to compensation.
- Participates in salary surveys and researches best practices and peer group compensation activities.
- Manages and participates in special compensation projects and analyses in collaboration with colleagues throughout the Company and/or outside vendors. Creates and monitors project plan and evaluates performance against goals. Collaborates with colleagues to collect necessary information and perform analyses. Manages project deliverables, provides guidance to project team and troubleshoots performance.
- Collaborates with HR colleagues and the business to develop, recommend and implement new compensation programs, procedures and practices for the Company. Provides technical expertise with regards to compensation programs and processes.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data to business partners and stakeholders.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts compensation training
- Ensures compensation programs and policies comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- BS/BA in Human Resources, Finance, Business or related field.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in compensation.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in compensation and regulatory requirements
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Project management experience with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others at various levels
- Results driven; skilled at managing and facilitating change, possesses high initiative, is detail oriented and manages multiple priorities effectively.
- Possesses an understanding of domestic and international HR processes and requirements.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website