Bed Bath and Beyond, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, pro-active, organized, resourceful and results-oriented individual with a high level of enthusiasm and passion for design and storytelling. The successful candidate will bring the following proficiencies and capabilities:
- To assist Lead Designer in all aspects of concept, development and finalization of the design process
- Assist designer in developing design direction and specs for buyer and vendor facing communication
- Be able to self-edit and hone ideas, present ideas succinctly and confidentially through mood boards and/or concept sketches
- Flexible, being able to grasp and shift between aesthetics, categories and seasons with ease
- Adhering to multiple calendars and able to prioritize at each development stage
- Understanding cost implications of design details and flexibility to adapt within price points
- Technically able to perform design tasks, fluency in relevant programs, produce spec packages and drawings from quick sketches to technical drawing as needed.
- Effective and clearly communicate in day to day interactions with internal stake holders and overseas offices while maintaining organized records of design communication and approval standards
- Identify trends and white space, Identify and propose product opportunities
- Researching design inspiration, existing trends, identify future global and micro trends through omni channeled approach
- Collaborate with merchants and production
- Should be inspired by retail and its evolution
- Contemporary Sensibility with youthful quirky edge.
- Interest in seasonal décor including micro holidays, major holidays is essential
- Passionate about story telling through design.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 4+ experience in a interiors, industrial or product design or adjacent field with similar expertise
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaboratively between merchandising, packaging and soft home teams.
- Detail oriented
- Able to multi task and switch between projects
- Excellent follow up, communication skills, verbal presentation skills
- Adobe Suite, InDesign specifically
- Excel familiarity
- Cad software (preferably AutoCAD but others will be considered)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website