Job ID R3429 Full / Part Time:Part time
Full / Part Time:Part time
- Completion of a NCCLS-approved Pathologists' Assistant program required; Masters degree preferred
- PA(ASCP) certified or eligible
Performs timely accessioning, grossing and histologic sampling of a full range of surgical specimens. Expected to perform a variety of diversified duties of a technical nature to produce technically acceptable microscopic sections of human tissues in order to ensure optimal patient diagnosis and treatment. Orients and trains new staff in gross room procedures as directed. Provides technical support for intraoperative consultations. Has knowledge of procedures, regulations and standards for pathology specimen photography, acquisition of bio specimens for research and storage procedures. Critical for pathologists' diagnosis and care of patientsJob Responsibilities:
1) Performs timely accessioning, grossing and histologic sampling of a full range of surgical specimens.
2) Provides technical support for intraoperative consultations
3) Provides technical support for intraoperative consultations
Education:Bachelor of Science (Required)
Competencies:Collaboration, Courage, Ownership, Service focus, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website