Job ID R1995 Full / Part Time:Part time
Parent Education Instructor has knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects. Participates in the implementation and evaluation of educational programs( Preparation for Childbirth, Sibling Class, Maternity Fitness Exercise, Hospital tours, Infant Feeding Classes, Babysitters Academy, Boot Camp for Dads, Cesarean Birth, Vaginal Birth After Cesarean, Hypnobirthing, Infant Care, Infant Massage, New Moms Support Group, Marvelous Multiples, Grandparents and Pediatric educational and outreach programs) offered through Parent Education that embraces both Women's Services and Baystate Children's Hospital philsophy, goals, and objectives. Assesses and evaluates the educational needs of the client. Utilizes variety of instructional materials and teaching strategies that are appropriate to subject matter being taught and the learning needs of the client. Determines and implements appropriate teaching plan with dignity and respect. Counsels clients in classroom and practice activities as required. Demonstrates Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Utilizes effective communication skills in interpersonal relationships with clients, families, visitors, manager, co-workers, and other members of the health care team.
2) Maintains thorough knowledge of current methods, techniques, and practices in Adult, Childbirth, and Parent Education.
3) Participates in the implementation and evaluation of programs offered through Parent Education.
4) Assesses the learning needs of clients and utilizes appropriate teaching strategies to meet the needs of all learners.
5) Demonstrates flexibility and accountability in meeting the needs of the Parent Education department.
6) Maintains Professional/Practice Competency.Required Work Experience:
1) None if degree in education or one year of experience in related fieldPreferred Work Experience:
1) 3 years previous teaching experience
2) Childbirth education, parent education, and/or lactation consultant experienceSkills and Competencies:
1) None Listed
Bachelor of Science: Education (Required)
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Certified Childbirth Educator - Various, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant - International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners, Registered Nurse - State of Massachusetts
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website