Job ID R4254 Full / Part Time:Part time
Full / Part Time:Part time
This position is 24 hours per week, second shift, every other weekend and every other holiday. Located in Greenfield, MA.Summary:
Possesses and utilizes significant technical knowledge and skill regarding principles and techniques of laboratory medicine, as well as instrumentation in all areas of the Clinical Laboratory (Hematology, Chemistry, Blood Bank, Microbiology and Phlebotomy). Performs a wide variety of assays/procedures within a clinical laboratory service with documented expertise. Works independently and assesses test results for validity prior to reporting. Position requires excellent verbal communication, significant computer skills and ability to interface with a broad spectrum of health care professionals in a collaborative manner. Job Responsibilities:
1) Verifies appropriateness of specimens, accurately labels and identifies specimens. Alerts appropriate health care provider(s) regarding critical results.
2) Carries out analytical procedures utilizing manual or automated methods, following written protocols. Verifies validity of results prior to reporting by observing established quality control criteria prior to reporting. Produces results that meet established departmental standards for accuracy and precision with minimal repetition or problems. Must be able to work in all areas of the laboratory.
3) Performs assays and reports results within established turnaround times. Prioritizes work and maintains acceptable level of productivity. Communicates regarding issues that may affect quality of results and/or turnaround time.
4) Incumbent possess sufficient theoretical knowledge to understand instruments, tests, and basic clinical significance of results. Identifies and participates in solving problems. Communicates with work team and/or supervisor regarding problems. Performs basic trouble shooting of instrumentation, referring issues to department lead or supervisor as necessary.
5) Demonstrates excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills. Records of work performed, quality control and documentation of issues are thorough and complete, consistent with all departmental requirements and those of regulatory agencies. Courteous and helpful in all interactions with patients, visitors, co-workers and health care providers.
6) As assigned, assists in projects or studies.
7) Maintains awareness of and follows all corporate and BHS Pathology compliance policies and procedures.
8) Maintains awareness of and follows all corporate and BHS Pathology compliance policies and procedures.Required Work Experience:
1) No experience requiredPreferred Work Experience:
1) None ListedSkills and Competencies:
1) Laboratory skills acquired during clinical rotations and through experience
Education:Associates of Science: Clinical Laboratory Science (Required)
Certifications:Medical Laboratory Technician - American Society for Clinical Pathology
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website