Job ID R1718 Full / Part Time:Full time
Under direction performs a variety of duties and functions including intaking of referrals, insurance verification, and timely coordination of admissions. The Intake Coordinator demonstrates respect, collaboration and excellent communication in helping patients access needed services as efficiently as possible.Job Responsiblities:
1) Receives all incoming calls from potential patients, conducts thorough screening interviews over the telephone, gathers basic information, and clearly translates this information to relevant intake forms. Assesses case priority (triage) and determines appropriate referral disposition.
2) Receives all referrals from internal referral sources as well as external referral sources including outside professionals, social service agencies, etc. Obtains relevant case information from these referral sources and establishes with the referral source the mechanism through which contact with the potential patient will be made.
3) Responsibly manages the case assignment process and maintains current information regarding appointment / bed availability.
4) Provides information to those callers seeking information about appropriate health services. Continuously cultivates new referral sources through respectful and collaborative contacts with potential referrers. Maintains positive responsive relationships with current referral sources.
5) Schedules appointments using departmental software.
6) Responsibly manages insurance pre-certification activities for accepted referrals.
7) Provides referral to appropriate resources for those patients who would be more appropriately served in another setting.Required Work Experience:
1) 3-5 years of relevant work experiencePreferred Work Experience:
1) None ListedSkills and Compentencies:
1) Strong computer skills; excellent interpersonal skills; knowledge of medical terminology and of health care systems preferred; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to multitask
Bachelor of Arts, GED or HiSET (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website