Job ID R2194 Full / Part Time:Part time
What is a Human Milk Technician (HMT)? In this innovative role, a support person prepares and dispenses pumped breast milk (human) and adds any nutrients or supplements per the physician order for newborn babies in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
As a highly valued member of the team, you will be involved in the communication with both the health care team and the parents, as partners in care. Working with new parents, you deliver a positive experience by providing their baby the nutrients only the mother can provide. This role directly impacts patient satisfaction as you build rapport with various families and parents.
The HMT will follow all parent process identification (PPID) practices to assure the safe and accurate distribution of milk. Attention to detail is vital in this role as you measure and prepare milk. Critically, you will be involved with quality control of the areas served, including monitoring the storage areas of breast milk in NICU/CCN and throughout the hospital.
What do you need?
- High School diploma or GED. Age appropriate CPR certification is required.
- 2-3 years' experience as a C.N.A. or equivalent experience.
- Good interpersonal skills; math test required; basic computer skills; Proficient with reading and writing in English.
- Experience working with serve safe, mixing liquids or drinks with customer service is preferred.
- Strong math skills are required and will be tested.
This is a part time position which offers worklife balance! 24 hours a week, 12 hour shift, 7am-7:30pm.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website