Job ID R5373 Full / Part Time:Part time
Full / Part Time:Part time
Accountable to and perform duties under the direct, on-site supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN) and/or physician when providing delegated patient care tasks. The Endoscopy Technician performs a variety of direct and indirect clinical patient care activities and technical skills in the diagnostic and therapeutic gastroenterology / endoscopy practice setting within the established department policies and procedures. This description establishes the minimum essential responsibilities and functions within the scope of practice of this position. The incumbent is expected to perform similar or related duties as assigned after demonstrating competency.Job Responsibilities:
1) Assists in collecting data for an objective assessment to identify patient's needs, problems, concerns or human response, e.g., vital signs.
2) Processes specimens in accordance with procedure guidance.
3) Prepares patients for flexible sigmoidoscopy; administration of Fleets Enema, Tap Water Enema.
4) Performs general documentation based on unit functional needs, e.g. use of the CIS computer, telephone communications skills, filing, processing charges.
5) Assists the physician and RN in the implementation of the established plan of care and during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
6) Maintains room supplies and equipment; includes ordering and restocking. Performs cleaning and disinfecting of endoscopes, rooms and equipment.
7) Provides endoscopy room turnover and technical support.
8) Responds to emergency situations as directed by the RN and/or physician.
9) Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with regulatory agency requirements and standards set forth by Baystate Health Systems. Is responsible for maintaining continuing education. Is knowledgeable about scope of practice issues related to the field of gastroenterology. Comply with ethical, professional and legal standards of practice in patient care and personal/professional conduct, e.g., patient's bill of rights. Participates in organizational performance improvement activities as directed.
10) Accepts other duties/responsibilities, or special projects, as requested by Unit Manager.Preferred Work Experience:
1) A background of 6 months to 1 year of hospital settingSkills and Competencies:
1) Must demonstrate competency in reading and mathematics as verified by an apptitude test
2) Must be capable of following detailed instructions, possess good interpersonal skills and be able to perform a number of activities according to priority
3) Must successfully complete orientation program
4) Moderate physical strength and effort is required
5) Good hand to eye coordination, mechanical ability, intact or corrected vision and hearing required
6) Demands continuous mental and visual attention
7) Able to think independently and work under stressful and emergency situations
GED or HiSET required
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association required
Hours/Schedule: Per Diem - Varies
Education:GED or HiSET (Required)
Certifications:Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website