Job ID R1824 Full / Part Time:Full time
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England's leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children's hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
About Baystate Health's Acute Care Pharmacy Team
The Acute Care Pharmacy Team at Baystate Health is committed to leveraging technology to promote the safety and quality of patient care that is delivered here while advancing pharmacy practice. Our pharmacy technician career ladder was developed to meet the expanding role of the pharmacy technician in a health system and the evolving needs of the complex patient populations we serve.
Baystate Medical Center's new high-tech inpatient pharmacy was designed with a focus on technology and includes industry-leading compounding facilities, dispensing technology and automation to safely prepare and dispense medications to our patients.
Join our pharmacy team and experience the region's model for advanced pharmacy workflows and patient safety.
What you will do
Pharmacy technicians, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, assist in various activities of the pharmacy department
Employee is expected to:
- Demonstrate commitment and dedication to patient-centered delivery of care.
- Obtain and maintain appropriate knowledge and understanding of Baystate Medical Center/Baystate Health (BH) Pharmacy Services. This knowledge includes the values, policies, and procedures of BMC/BH and BH Pharmacy Services.
- Serves as a representative of the department both inside and outside of the Pharmacy and Hospital and must adhere to system and department compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations..
- responsible for supporting dispensing and restocking functions from the central pharmacy to patient care areas utilizing automated inventory dispensing machines (e.g. carousel) and cabinets (e.g. Pyxis machines) as well as various medication trays and carts.
- Drug Distribution
- Dedication to Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Customer Service & Teamwork
- Demonstrate commitment and dedication to patient-centered delivery of care, including a thorough understanding of drug distribution workflows focusing on medication safety, quality and value; and participation in quality improvement initiatives.
- Registered Technician according to Massachusetts State Code 247
- Certified according to Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)or NHA Technician certification
- Basic math skills (will be evaluated during the interview)
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Previous Hospital/Inpatient Pharmacy Experience
- Experience with Cerner®, Pyxis®, DoseEdge®, Logistics®, RxVerify®, Pharmogistics Packager
What You Need to Know About the Job Details
- Full-time (36 hours) 5 days one week, 4 days the next week
- Availability to work mixed day and evening shifts (6 week schedule blocks posted in advance)
- Availability to work every other weekend and every other major holiday.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Pharmacy Technician - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website