Job ID R4199 Full / Part Time:Full time
Full / Part Time:Full time
Baystate Health is hiring a Care Navigator to provide support for a federally-funded research study focused on hepatitis C treatment for people who use drugs. This position involves daily travel in a specialty clinical mobile unit to various towns located along Interstate 91 in Vermont and New Hampshire.
The Care Navigator will work closely with study Research Assistants and coordinate systems navigation for a highly stigmatized underserved population under the direction of the Study Coordinator. Coordinates participation and transition into hepatitis C outpatient treatment. Coordinates referrals; communicates fully and effectively with referral sources to facilitate prompt and comprehensive responsiveness. Meets individually with participants to complete intake paperwork, and address administrative or collateral communication needs. Documents communication, maintains and updates databases and spreadsheets, as directed.
What you will do:
- Coordinate the provision of HCV treatment for study participants with local and regional community providers
- Collaborate with local harm reduction and community partners to provide referrals
- Assist with administration of study surveys/questionnaires
- Assist with data entry
- Accurately compile information and data.
- Adhere to protocol, IRB, HIPAA, and regulatory requirements.
- Perform other study tasks as directed.
What you will need:
- Experience with care navigation, case management, community health work, or similar.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A flexible, non-judgmental, can-do attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable transportation
- Valid drivers license
- Experience working in harm reduction, substance use treatment, and/or with people who use drugs preferred.
- Basic understanding of data collection and research principles preferred
What you need to know:
- This is a full-time position based in Greenfield, MA
- Throughout the study you will work on a mobile unit at various locations in Vermont and New Hampshire along I-91 (including Brattleboro VT, Keene NH, Claremont NH, and Springfield VT)
- Flexibility in schedule required
Education:Associate of Arts, GED or HiSET (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website