The St-Pierre Lab (stpierrelab.com; Twitter: @StPierreLab) develops and applies new tools for perturbing and imaging the brain. We develop fluorescent indicators of neural activity (e.g., voltage indicators), light-gated proteins to control neural activity (e.g., optogenetic silencers), photostable fluorescent proteins (e.g., mGold YFP), and genetic circuits to control protein expression (e.g., Equalizers). For example, see our recent publication in Cell that describes an exciting new voltage indicator for recording electrical dynamics in awake behaving mice (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2022.07.013).Job Duties
- Develop or modify code for controlling microscope-based image acquisition
- Develop or modify code for image analysis
- Exemplar tasks include:
- Create new workflow for a process
- Adapt existing algorithm to a workflow
- Modify a workflow for bug fixing, adding or generalizing features
- Refactor code for simplicity and speed
- Translate code from one language to another
- Code review and collaborative editing
- Benchmark a workflow for speed and anticipate run-time errors
- Write test cases for a module
- Write documentation and perform other technical communication
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Will consider a Master's degree and one year of experience or PhD
- Experience with one or more of the following would be desirable but not required:
- MATLAB and/or Python programming (and other object oriented programming languages)
- MySQL databasing
- Image analysis (image operations and signal processing)
- Machine learning
- Hardware integration (e.g. Serial port communication, microcontrollers, closeloop control)
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website