This position is located within IQuESt, the Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety. We are the largest center for Health Services Research within the Southwest. We conduct high-quality scientific research that improves the health of patients across the nation, by helping to ensure the patient-centered delivery of scientific discoveries. We are seeking a talented individual for a full-time position to join our team at IQuESt- Center for Innovation Quality Effectiveness and Safety. We are looking for a Research Coordinator II to perform job duties involving coordinating day to day activities of research projects, including managing projects and ensuring accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.Job Duties
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- May perform Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG's and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party. May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website