The Department of Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas is seeking a Research Assistant I that will supporting research initiatives at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center. The candidate will be responsible for planning, completing and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the investigator.Job Duties
- Assists in research experiments such as Elisas for bone turnover markers, hormone assays.
- Performs and analyze bone mineral density.
- Performs and analyze bone microarchitecture and bone strength.
- Assists in DNA and RNA isolation.
- Assists in genotyping and gene expression studies.
- Assists in sample processing and storage of samples.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Develops and modify computer programs.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- Assigns activities to less experienced research staff.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by the PI.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website