Postdoctoral positions in biology are available in the Mingxing Teng laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX), an interdisciplinary group using medicinal chemistry, chemical biology, and molecular cell biology for early-stage drug discovery efforts, with a primary focus on deciphering several targets associated with cancer disease. Successful candidates with a proven track record in chemical biology, biochemistry, or molecular cell biology, as well as high motivation and creative thinking, are expected to work with the team to push the boundaries of cancer research.Job Duties
- Complies with the intellectual property compliance requirements of the institute and laboratory.
- honest with any raw experimental data.
- Conducts literature searches and information summaries in a well-organized format.
- Performs chemical biology research including but not limited to recombinant protein production and purification, cell culture, biochemical and cell-based assays, genetic engineering, murine modeling of cancer.
- Uses computer-interfaced equipment, robotics, and/or high-technology applications to perform work duties.
- Designs advanced experiments and executing protocols.
- Documents and presents experimental results in a professional manner.
- Participates in collaboration with other biological scientists throughout the academic community
- Develops laboratory culture of urgency and scientific excellence with a focus on therapeutic impact.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Prepares and gives impressive seminar talks as required by the department.
- Completes other tasks assigned by the department with high quality.
- Rapid learning and understanding skills in the following fields:
- organic chemistry,
- medicinal chemistry,
- molecular design,
- patent preparation and prosecution.
- Proactively helps the team succeed - takes ownership of team-based tasks.
- Organized with close attention to detail and strong time management skills.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN
Apply on company website