An NIH-funded postdoctoral position is available in the Chen/Shen laboratories at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. This position is for a project focusing on investigating epigenetic mechanisms of transcriptional regulation by DNA methylation in embryonic tissue patterning using newly developed CRISPR gene editing techniques to manipulate DNA methylation in mouse embryos.Job Purpose
Postdoctoral Associates are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional.Job Duties
- Assists in designing research approaches.
- Performs experimental approaches, including next generation sequencing, cell culture, mouse embryo and tissues collections, processing, sectioning, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence staining, and microscopy.
- Analyzes data.
- Prepares manuscripts for publications and presents results at national conferences.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, developmental biology, or related field.
- Flexiblity to work weekends.
- Experience working with mouse models and/or mouse embryos.
- Have at least one to two years of experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website