The position requires an experienced collector that understands AR follow up. The collector should have knowledge of how to appeal a denied claim and check status of a claim by payer website or placing a telephone call to the payer.Job Duties
- Expedites and maximizes payment of insurance medical claims by contacting the patients or insurance companies concerning unpaid accounts receivables via telephone or online systems.
- Follows up on outstanding accounts and make proper notations (updating insurance information, using correct activity codes) in the Epic system.
- Investigates & resolves denials, unpaid accounts, partially paid accounts and requests for information, including appeals.
- Reviews invoices to verify payments accurate contractual adjustments.
- Updates patient information and file medical claims with correct information, via electronic or paper submission.
- Assists with inquiries from outside parties regarding account status.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Patient Account or Coding certification.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website