The Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, located within the largest medical center in the world, provides compassionate and exceptional care as well as cutting-edge research and extensive education and training opportunities that prepare our next generation of providers for prominent positions nationally and internationally. The department practices evidence-based care with a focus on interdisciplinary academic collaboration and expertise. The department is built on the assertion that psychiatry is a brain-based specialty that encompasses biological, psychological, social, interpersonal, and spiritual parameters.
The Nurse Practitioner would provide advanced clinical care including assessment and treatment of a variety of mental illnesses in an academic outpatient clinic setting. The Nurse Practitioner would provide medication management and supportive therapy to a range of adult and geriatric patients under the direction of an attending psychiatrist and in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and psychiatry and psychology trainees. There may also be opportunities to participate in the educational and research missions of the department.
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.Job Duties
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master's degree in in Nursing.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website