Advanced Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) within an outpatient care setting at the BSLMG location. Support the healthcare system with the management of specified populations though independent and collaborative clinical management.Job Purpose
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.Job Duties
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Serves as a clinical expert to the interdisciplinary team.
- Incorporates and disseminates research findings and evidence based practice into treatment plans, protocols, and guidelines.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required:
- For Nurse Practitioner: Master's degree in in Nursing.
- For Physician Assistant: Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies. NOTE: Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant Studies accepted based on terminal degree requirements at time of graduation.
- Experience Required: None required.
- For Nurse Practitioner: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department.
- For Physician Assistant: Current license as a Physician Assistant by the State of Texas Physician Assistant Board. Specialty certification as required by department.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website