The Department of Pediatrics, Critical Care, is seeking a qualified candidate for an instructor position in critical care medicine with a focus on pediatric neurocritical care. This position offers unique experience in our Pediatric Neuro-Intensive Care Unit, for an individual who wishes to pursue a career in pediatric neurocritical care. The Instructor will work alongside faculty colleagues, fellows, residents and advanced level practitioners from critical care, neurology, and neurosurgery, with a focus on multi-disciplinary collaboration in the care of children with chronic and acute neurologic disease requiring the intensive care unit. Care for children with severe neurologic illnesses and injuries may require advanced technology such as mechanical ventilation, plasmapheresis, CRRT, and ECMO as well as multi-modal neuro-monitoring including intracranial pressure monitoring, external ventricular drains, transcranial doppler, and EEG.
Essential Function and Duties:
- Day-to-day care of children with neurologic disease requiring critical care
- Close collaboration with the neurology and neurosurgical teams including multi-disciplinary rounding
- Close collaboration with neurophysiology team for continuous EEG monitoring
- Integration of multi-modal neuromonitoring in the care of children in the neuro-intensive care unit
- Active role in education of trainees
- Supervision of Fellows and Residents
- Participation in on-call schedule for the pediatric intensive care schedule
- Liaison and collaboration with stakeholders in Neuro ICU, PICU, neurology, neurophysiology, neurosurgery, neuro-interventional, and neuroradiology
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website