The Scheduling Specialist I is responsible for making and scheduling patient appointments in an efficient and timely manner.Job Purpose
Under general supervision, performs administrative support duties of moderate complexity.Job Duties
- Books, coordinates, and reschedules patient appointments.
- Registers patients in Epic system. Verifies insurance of new and returning patients.
- Greets patients in clinic and answers questions.
- Schedules surgeries, outpatient appointments, and admissions as requested.
- Answers telephone and routes patient calls.
- Maintains and updates current information on physician's schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
- Assists with preparation of agendas, materials, meetings, etc.
- Assembles patient charts for next day visits; updates profiles on patients.
- Interviews new patients via telephone prior to scheduling appointment.
- Calls patients to remind them of their appointments.
Required: High school diploma or GED.
Required: One year relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website