Division: School of Medicine - Temple (80002176)
Department: School of Medicine - Temple (90006687)
Employment Duration: Full-time
Internal Title: Academic rank commenurate with qualifications and experience.Summary
Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) School of Medicine (SOM) develops diverse, compassionate physician leaders and educators who provide expert patient-centered care to diverse populations, supported by evidence-based practice and scientific innovation. The SOM offers programs that cover the learning continuum from Undergraduate Medical Education (UME), Graduate Medical Education (GME) to Continuing Professional Development (CPD). In addition, SOM also offers MD/PhD and Baccalaureate/MD programs.
Baylor's UME program has an accelerated, integrated approach to teaching the core scientific concepts that underlie medicine and our exceptionally diverse clinical training opportunities combine to create a curriculum that prepares our students for success. Commencing with AY2023-2024, the UME program will expand to Temple, Texas (BCM Temple), in of partnership with Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH). Baylor Scott & White Health, is prepared to support the program with its expansive clinical enterprise with a focus on value-based care that features a 640-bed teaching and research hospital with a Level I trauma center. As a part of a large multi-specialty integrated physician group located in central Texas, students at BCM Temple are able to serve a diverse population and be exposed to a the full spectrum of medical care. The campus also has established GME programs which have been training residents and fellows for over 100 years. There are more than 40 residency and fellowship programs accredited by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education training nearly 500 active GME residents and fellows.
We are seeking talented professionals to join the BCM Temple team. Applications may be submitted through the BCM Careers portal and should include a letter of interest and curriculum vitae.Job Duties
- Collaborate with deans, faculty, staff, and students by providing expertise, and assist in both directing and providing customer-oriented evaluation, assessment, and education research support.
- Provide administrative supervision of assigned staff, fostering a team-oriented culture, planning work processes, and communicating information and results with colleagues as appropriate.
- Contribute to complex problem-solving in the administration of new evaluation and assessment initiatives as needed.
- Collaborate with division colleagues at the Temple and Houston campuses in the analysis, reporting, and interpretation of examination and assessment data, and course and teaching evaluation data.
- Contribute to the implementation of evidence-based continuous improvement processes related to curriculum evaluation and learner assessment.
- Develop and maintain confidential data sets and complex reports related to student performance and curriculum evaluation.
- Contribute to, and direct as needed, setup and administration of both internally- and externally-created examinations, and curriculum evaluation surveys, for learners in the health professions.
- Serve as a National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) Chief Proctor; contribute to the overall administration of NBME exams, serve as lead for recruitment of NBME exam proctors on the Temple campus, train proctors, and proctor exams as needed.
- Conduct data analysis and report preparation using Excel, SPSS, or other software, as appropriate.
- Education: Ph.D., Ed.D., or other relevant terminal degree.
- Experience: Minimum of three years of experience performing managerial or administrative duties coordinating multiple projects, preferably in a higher-education setting.
- Skills: Strong computing skills with experience in software related to one or more of the following: survey administration, examination administration, statistical analysis.
- Skills: Two or more years of experience working with quantitative and/or qualitative data.
- Two or more years of supervisory or managerial experience.
- Experience implementing student knowledge or performance assessments; knowledgeable regarding assessment construction and validation.
- Experience with program evaluation and improvement processes, such as administration of course and teaching evaluation surveys.
- Experience in health professions education.
- Experience in several of the following preferred: higher education curriculum evaluation and improvement, project development and implementation, data analysis and reporting, health professions assessment, medical education.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated, subject to approved exemptions against vaccine- preventable diseases including, but not limited to COVID 19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website