St. Luke's Health The Woodlands Hospital is seeking a caring & motivated Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner to join the Palliative Care Program. The goal of the program is to meet the palliation & enrichment needs of patients &loved ones during their time of heightened need. This position will serve in the inpatient setting, working collaboratively with physicians & nursing staff to develop a care model that will fulfill the greatest good.Job Purpose
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.Job Duties
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Serves as a clinical expert to the interdisciplinary team.
- Incorporates and disseminates research findings and evidence based practice into treatment plans, protocols, and guidelines.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required:
- For Nurse Practitioner: Master's degree in in Nursing.
- For Physician Assistant: Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies. NOTE: Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant Studies accepted based on terminal degree requirements at time of graduation.
- Experience Required: None required.
- For Nurse Practitioner: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department.
- For Physician Assistant: Current license as a Physician Assistant by the State of Texas Physician Assistant Board. Specialty certification as required by department.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website