BayCare Medical Groups Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery Program, based out of Morton Plant Hospital in Clearwater, Florida, is seeking a Surgical Physician Assistant to first assist in cardiovascular and thoracic procedures, provide pre and post op management of cardiac patients, including ICU, OR, and floor coverage.This position will also include outpatient consultative and follow up care and will include St. Anthonys Hospital in St. Petersburg.
- Candidates with cardiac surgery experience are preferred.The group is willing to train any qualified individual with a surgical background.
- The team of five surgeons performs a comprehensive spectrum of cardiovascular and thoracic surgery services including coronary artery bypass grafting, valve repair and replacement, complex aortic surgery, endovascular treatment of aneurysms, minimally invasive cardiac valvular surgical procedures, and arrhythmia surgery. Additionally, the practice performs VATS lung and pleural surgery.
- The physicians participate in a mature and growing Structural Heart and Advanced Valve Care Center and play an active role in TAVR, MitraClip, and other structural heart procedures. The team has performed more than 1,000 TAVR procedures and has comprehensive MitraClip experience.
This position will also include:
- Outpatient consultative and follow up care and will include St. Anthonys Hospital in St. Petersburg.
- Call consists of 7 shifts per month, including one weekend.
- Candidates with cardiac and ICU experience are preferred.
- Ideal candidate should be flexible, affable, creative, energetic, and can show compassion while working with patients.
Position requires: Florida licensure, PA-C certification and experience in surgical first assist required, cardiovascular and thoracic surgery experience preferred.
Please visit our website to view available opportunities and apply directly on our provider portal.
BayCare Medical Group (BMG) is the largest multispecialty group in Tampa Bay and part of BayCare Health System which is both locally and nationally recognized as a Great Place to Work, ranked no. 6in the nation by PeopleCompanies That Care 2020and Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2021. We foster a forward-thinking culture that's revolutionizing health care.
BayCare Health System is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization located throughout four counties on the central Gulf Coast of Florida with a network comprised of 15 hospitals with services including imaging, lab, behavioral health, home health care and urgent care. Our priority is connecting patients to a complete range of preventive, diagnostic and treatment services for any health care need, throughout their lifetime.
Tampa Bay and the west central Gulf Coast of Florida are great places not only to work, but also to live, play and grow. Were home to welcoming neighbors, growing and dynamic communities, and outstanding schools, colleges and universities. Golfing, fishing, boating/kayaking, shelling, biking, sunbathing, and viewing the sunset from one of Americas top beaches are just a few of the reasons why people love this area. Tampa Bay is home to many professional sports teams including the Tampa Bay Rays (MLB), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NFL) Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL) and Tampa Bay Rowdies (NASL). Discover exciting exhibits at local museums and enjoy listening to the Florida Orchestra at several local venues. Experience the excitement at Busch Gardens, Adventure Island and LEGOLAND locally, with Disney World and Universal Studios close by in central Florida. Its all here for you to enjoy.
In the Tampa Bay area, youll find a thriving business sector, a strong economy and an average median age of 37. The area is also an affordable place to live with a low cost of living index and no state income tax. Additionally, the area offers a strong public-school system, a wide variety of private schools, and many local colleges and universities for educational development.
- Competitive compensation and performance incentive
- CME allowance
- Excellent insurance and retirement plans
Contact: Janine Bryant: Phone: (813) 586-8157 Email: Janine.Bryant@BayCare.org
BayCare Medical Group's Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery Program, based out of Morton Plant Hospital in Clearwater, Florida, i...
Apply on company website