BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Per Diem Fitness Specialist to lead scheduled exercise classes designed to develop and maintain positive fitness levels for residents in a Senior Living Community (Assisted Living Facilities and Independent Living Facilities) in Great Falls, VA. This is a great position for a PTA to help teach extra classes or to add onto their schedule. As a member of our Senior Living Team, you will be an integral component of a continuum of care. You must be available for the class schedule below:
Monday: 10:15 am - 11:15 am
Wednesday: 10:15 am - 11:15 am
Friday: 10:15 am - 11:15 am
At BAYADA, we believe our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to investing in people and nurturing their desire to grow. Watch this video to learn more about field employee career pathing:
Responsibilities for a Fitness Specialist include:
- Lead scheduled group exercise classes for the residents of Senior Living Communities, preferably one that can teach flexibility, cardio, strength/power, balancing and standing exercises.
- Develop fitness classes which are designed to develop and promote positive fitness levels for a senior population.
Qualifications for a Fitness Specialist include:
- Certification as a Fitness Instructor, or equivalent, through an accredited national exercise/fitness organization such as ACSM, NSCA, ACE, IDEA or SFA.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related field. Experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of one year of experience as a Fitness Specialist, preferably in a senior services setting.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Apply on company website