JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: To provide direct care for patients under the direction of physicians while following established protocols and procedures for patient care standards and appropriate to the needs of the age population served, as defined in the department's scope of service.
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their job.
• Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and their families, physicians, and the community.
• Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and vital signs.
• Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the customer asks.
• Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
• Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of customers through personal action and attention to the environment of care.
• Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
• Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal requirements of the position and department.
• Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational records.
• Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials; communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
• Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments. Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even when workload and demands are high.
• Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity, and fairness.
• Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
• Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
• Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work processes.
• Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work processes.
• Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality initiatives.
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost management practices.
• Effectively manages time and resources
• Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of the organization — material, human, and financial.
• Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee safety practices.
• Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and emphasizes patient and employee safety.
• Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries or potential injuries.
• Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee safety standards at all times.
• Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques, equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and plans.
• Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
• Monitors emergency seclusion/restraints.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Provides direct patient care under the direction of a physician.
• Evaluates outcomes, consults with other members of the health care team and adjusts the plan of care as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
• Performs delegated medical interventions and procedures as necessary, according to established practice parameters.
• Writes initial and ongoing assessments and progress notes, writes orders and documents in the medical record utilizing protocols and appropriate consultation with physicians.
• Assists physicians with examinations and procedures related to direct patient care.
• Orders and provides interpretation of laboratory, respiratory, and radiology data for incorporation into the medical record.
• Demonstrates competent clinical skills and judgment when assisting in stabilization of the patient.
2. Develops and revises the plan of care based on assessment data.
• Assesses and evaluates the patients history.
• Accepts responsibility and accountability for development, coordination, implementation, evaluation and revision of the plan of care for the assigned patient.
• Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings collaborating with other team members in planning care.
3. Initiates action to provide teaching or information based upon identified patient needs and family/individual requests.
• Upon admission, collaborates with family regarding the hospitalization and continually assess their learning needs and requests and maintains professional communication with the family.
• Collaborates with all members of the care team to meet the learning needs of the patient and family.
• Conducts discharge planning with the family.
4. Uses internal and external resources to resolve and assist in managing customer problems.
• Promptly identifies specific resources relevant to the problem.
• Utilizes the QI process in problem resolution and pursues problems to resolution and refers them through the appropriate channels.
• Actively participates in QI and Quality Planning Processes.
• Serves as a liaison and resource person and is available to the staff and community for educational purposes.
5. Performs all other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Current certification by the National Committee on Certification of Physician Assistants.
Current Louisiana licensure as a Physician Assistant
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Medical records w/o limitation both paper and electronic, patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient information related to surgery or appointment schedules, medical records related to quality/data, patient financial information, patients related complaints, information related to patient location, religious beliefs and/or public health records.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE, exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient identification, administers/receives/collects meds/blood order or products, validates, transports, monitors or observes patients for procedures including infusion pumps, monitors clinical alarms for all ages.
Apply on company website