If you will be working in a job that requires a Commercial Driver License (CDL), then please follow these instructions to speed up your hiring process. This is required in order to continue the hiring process with Basic Energy Services. As part of the new FMCSA Clearinghouse rules that went into effect January 6th, 2020, all employers must run a full query of every prospective employee covered under FMCSA Clearinghouse prior to hiring the employee. If you are not registered in the FMCSA Clearinghouse, you will need to register in order to complete the full query approval request and continue the hiring process. You can register at the following link: https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/Register Step-by-step instructions can be found here: https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/Resource/Index/Registration-Driver-Instructions Position Overview Supervises the drivers and mechanics in the day-to-day operations of a yard's trucking operations. Represents Basic to customers in making sales calls, getting work tickets approved, and handling customer complaints. This is a safety sensitive position. Major Responsibilities
- Supervises drivers and mechanics in daily duties and ensures drivers are ready to go
- Develops and maintains customer relationships with existing and new accounts
- Delivers and reviews tickets with customers for approval and invoicing
- Handles customer complaints or issues and determines appropriate solution
- Counsels drivers on customer complaints or issues and advises drivers on corrective measures
- Evaluates new drivers during driving test and makes determination for additional training
- Reviews daily work tickets and approves DOT hours and logs and records prices pursuant to rates quoted for the customer
- Enforces safety for the yard's trucking operations in accordance with the Basics to Success guidelines, which include safety inspections, safety meetings, and compliance
- Reviews driver Job Safety Analysis each day and ensures completion
- Conducts monthly truck inspections and reviews maintenance compliance with original equipment manufacturer
- Provides driver training for new hires, annual driver reviews and continuously instructs drivers on proper driving procedures
- Makes recommendations to yard management in hiring, discipline and termination of drivers and mechanics
- Observes and counsels drivers at water stations, disposal wells, and job sites, on safety procedures including the use of cones, proper backing up procedures, and truck positioning
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Knowledge of truck operations, DOT regulations and OSHA guidelines
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- CDL with tank and HazMat endorsement
- Physical activity including long periods of standing and sitting.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Travel will be required to various job locations. Travel may be required for meetings and conferences
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Significant amount of time driving will be required.
- Work is performed in all weather conditions and may be either in a shop environment or outside in the field in all temperatures.
- Exposure to oilfield chemicals and hazardous environments.
As part of the new FMCSA Clearinghouse rules that went into effect January 6th, 2020, all employers must run a full query of every prospective employee covered under FMCSA Clearinghouse prior to hiring the employee. If you've already registered in the FMCSA Clearinghouse, please be on the on the lookout for an approval request for a full query of your information from the FMCSA Clearinghouse on behalf of Basic Energy Services. If you are not registered in the FMCSA Clearinghouse, you will need to register in order to complete the full query approval request and continue the hiring process.
You can register at the following link:
Step-by-step instructions can be found here:
This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Apply on company website