At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America's Best Employers. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Technical Service Representative (2001327) – Remote (Wisconsin and Northern Illinois)
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are looking for a professional like you to provide technical positioning and support to both internal and external customers in Wisconsin and northern Illinois. In this role, you will interact with other BASF Technical Service Representatives, Biologists (R&D), Business Representatives and Innovation Specialists within the territory.
As a Technical Service Representative with BASF Corporation, you will assume responsibility and leadership for all technical elements (labels, product use direction, training materials, recommendations, and technical positioning of BASF products) for your assigned territory. You will be responsible for supporting BASF Business Representatives, Innovation Specialists, Strategic Account Managers and a defined list of external customers in your territory, ensuring that marketing, sales and technical positions are in alignment.
You will be accountable for technical support of the BASF product line to the BASF Business Representatives, BASF Innovation Specialists, and customers with the objective of meeting or exceeding established sales goals, while reducing liability costs and maintaining the technical integrity of product positions. Support of the sales organization to achieve income objectives occurs primarily via direct interaction, and by influencing key external customers. Regular interaction with Marketing Managers, Business Representatives, Innovation Specialists, Strategic Account Managers, Technical Marketing Managers, and Biology (R&D) is imperative.
You will need to reside in either Wisconsin or Northern Illinois for this role.
To learn more about the Agricultural Products Division, click: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNOSoxx2r8c&feature=youtube
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your Masters Degree or Advanced Degree in Plant Science, Crop Science, Weed Science, Agronomy or a related discipline and your knowledge to crop production, you will develop new potential markets and demonstrate programs to support district, regional and national selling objectives. You will also prepare technical materials as needed.
- Your excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint will aid you as you lead agronomic and product training activities targeted at business representatives, customers, university personnel, and other influential customers.
- Demonstrating your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will monitor and positively influence key centers of influence (COI) such as universities, consultants, and other 3rd parties through relationship building and regular contact. Additionally, you will provide product information, label updates, and technical results to these COI's and administer local demonstration and grant in aid research programs.
- As a subject matter expert, you will provide customer service call training and assistance to Business Representatives and Innovation Specialists, including training on investigative field techniques and assisting with product investigation where necessary.
- Your robust problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail will be essential as you investigate and provide supportive data to meet sales objectives. You will also develop field plot protocols to provide needed data to answer product usage questions.
- Your strong organizational skills will serve you well as you provide a technical link between Biology (R&D) and the marketplace. You will be expected to become familiar with new BASF products prior to first marketing year and participate and help organize on-farm product testing.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
“This posting is for current employees within our AP-Agricultural Solutions and RB-Bioscience Research divisions ONLY (including those newly transitioned from our Bayer acquisition)”
Apply on company website