At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Sr. Scientist II –20000306 - Charlotte, NC
Where the Chemistry Happens
BASF is a technology-driven global company dedicated to making products that make our customers' products better. At the BASF Charlotte Technical Center of our North American Dispersions & Resins Business Division, we have an immediate opening for a Senior Scientist II for the development of advanced emulsion polymers for the Paper Coating, Fiber Bonding and Construction industries.
Formula for Success
- Design and develop new emulsion polymers for the Paper Coating, Fiber Bonding and Construction industries; strive to maximize synergies of styrene-butadiene dispersion platform for the three market segments; strengthen BASF's position as a market leader in new product technology and sustainable development;
- Work closely with our regional business partners to analyze the market, help identify unmet customer needs and fill our R & D pipeline by defining business-relevant and impactful new product development projects and topics;
- Help strengthen relationships with key customers via joint product development activities; Stay current with scientific and technical advances in emulsion polymers for the Paper Coatings, Fiber Bonding and Construction industries;
- Be an active and contributing member of ED's Global Centers of Excellence and build collaborative relationships with colleagues across the regions; Share styrene-butadiene dispersion expertise with and mentor less experienced colleagues, direct activities of assigned technician(s) toward achieving project goals and timelines, and support their career development; Establish and maintain a safe and healthy work environment by being aware of and implementing company wide and site safety policies/procedures
- Ph.D. degree in polymer or material science, chemical engineering, organic chemistry or a related field. BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent. Proven track record of new product development success and superior problem-solving skills. Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Prior industrial experience (10 + years) in styrene-butadiene and acrylic emulsion polymer technology and process, and their applications in the paper coating, fiber bonding and/or construction industries.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Apply on company website