At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America's Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Senior Sales Advisor (Agronomic Solutions Advisor) (2100448) – Illinois - Mt Vernon area (Remote)
As an Ag Sales Advisor you will develop and maintain business relationships with retailers, growers and consultants identified as strategic to BASF. Serving as a local agronomic expert, you will position BASF seed, crop protection and seed treatment products with Growers to help enable them to maximize yield and profit from their operations. In addition, you will serve as the business lead with assigned Retailers for BASF seed products to include soybeans. You will be accountable for achieving annual sales targets with grower on seed, crop protection and seed treatments with assigned Retailers on seed.
Formula for Success: You will…
- Be accountable for creating demand for BASF seed and chemical products with assigned growers and retailers.
- Establish business and agronomic plans with key growers, including business strategies and tactics that meet the needs of targeted growers by utilizing your strong business acumen and agronomic skills for seed and crop protection. Act as the primary contact from BASF, including business strategies and tactics for both short and long term
- Align with your Business Rep and create a plan for the top retailers in that territory for Crop Protection, Seed and Seed Treatment
- Establish a strong partnership with your Business Rep and align on a strategic plan toward targeted retailers and growers to achieve goals.
- Drive Seed conversations at Retail with the Seed Manager, Agronomist and local Retail sales team. Make joint grower calls to get the “right seed on the right acre”
- Utilize all these relationships to position BASF as the leader in your market with targeted customers (Retail and Grower) and exceed sales budget
- Establish business plans including; sales targets, forecasts, positioning varieties and actions with assigned Retailers for seed.
- Be a trusted adviser to your customers on agronomics, seed varieties and chemistry by leveraging your education, knowledge and previous sales experience.
- Develop an area/territory sales plan annually that includes overall business objectives, strategies for growth, identification of top customers, and an action plan to achieve overall growth.
- Accurately forecast brand sales with assigned customers and achieve financial goals.
- Successfully engage across the business to cultivate solid working relationships with local sales teams, technical service representatives, and strategic account managers to support implementation of customer plans.
- Thinking strategically, you will develop and execute market strategies to launch new products per established goals, market development execution, crop activities, and product positioning.
- Your strong self-motivation and proactive work style will be a valued asset as you maintain adherence to KPIs related to volume, share, value, and financial sales targets.
- Your commitment to customer care will be evident as you direct field activities to support the BASF portfolio at the customer-level (retailer and grower) for the business.
- Meet targets for utilizing digital tools such as - GS Live, Xarvio, Sales X to achieve success.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Utilize your Bachelor degree and your extensive sales experience (AG sales experience preferred)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates; Ability to manage time and resources effectively to achieve goals
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel overnight/weekly
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
For further information on BASF Agricultural Solutions, please select: https://vimeo.com/463820820/53a6edd18b
Apply on company website