At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2021 as one of America's Best Large Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future.
Senior Chemist (2100730) – Tucson, AZ
Where the Chemistry Happens
BASF's Mining Solutions business offers a diverse range of mineral processing chemicals and technologies to improve process efficiencies and aid the economic extraction of valuable resources. We offer our products and technology solutions, along with expert advice and technical support, to the global mineral processing industry. Our product range includes reagents, equipment, process technologies and expertise, focusing on applications such as Grinding, Flotation, Hydrometallurgy, Solid Liquid Separation, Tailings Management, and Materials Handling.
The BASF Mining Technical Group provides a variety of laboratory tests to support the critical mining processes, on-site chemical trials and training to our customers and the industry. The interaction of the technical staff with the sales staff is critical to the overall success of the business.
We are seeking a professional like you to serve as the site's Organic/Analytical Chemist in Tucson, AZ.
Formula for Success
- Utilizing your basic experience/knowledge with SHE, Quality and Safety procedures, you will become proficient at all laboratory functions within the Tucson site.
- Your strong analytical chemistry skills (GC, MS, FTIR, NMR, HPLC, AA, ICP, viscometry, tensiometry, and various wet chemistry techniques) will be a valued asset as you develop new analysis methods as required.
- Being team oriented with experience writing reports, you will collaborate in the writing of customer reports. You will also review results of laboratory work and report results to internal or external customers.
- Relying on your prior experience in a research-oriented environment leading to product development, you will make recommendations for plant operations based on laboratory results and knowledge of individual plant operations.
- Working as a subject matter expert, you will review reports from the technical sales team to ensure that technical content is accurate.
- Your strong customer focus will be evident as you provide service support to the existing customer base as required or assigned.
- Your effective verbal and written communication skills will serve you well as you answer technical and chemistry related questions on a daily basis from external and internal customers.
- Leveraging your education in Chemistry (preferably with an organic or organometallic specialty) and your knowledge of chelation chemistry and/or organometallic catalysis, you will become the hydrometallurgy chemistry expert within the tech service group.
- Demonstrating your excellent presentation skills, you will provide global on-site training to the technical group and technical sales group, as well as provide technical training and advice for customers globally.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Apply on company website