At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as a 2020 Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Screening Specialist, Onion Breeding (2000912) – Brooks, OR
We are looking for a Screening Specialist to work out of our Brooks, OR location. You will be responsible for helping the breeder to organize, plant, evaluate and harvest all Long Day Onion. This will include hybrid screenings in the Columbia Basin and Idaho, as well as seed production trials in Idaho and Oregon.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- You offer at least 1 year of experience in carrying out trials in plant breeding or a related discipline
- Solid knowledge and background in horticulture or agronomy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Solid team worker with the ability to organize and plan.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with basic knowledge of databases and statistics.
- Analytical mindset with keen observation skills.
- Basic level of Spanish speaking proficiency a plus.
Create Your Own Chemistry- What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and developmental opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Apply on company website