At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Scientist, Advanced Cleaning & Etching – 2000341 – Hillsboro, OR
Where the Chemistry Happens
TheScientist, Advanced Cleaning and Etching will be part of the Electronic Materials team and will be based in Hillsboro, Oregon, supporting the overall success of the Global Electronic Materials business unit.
At BASF Electronic Materials, we uphold a relentless passion to innovate the future of electronics with our customers by equipping them with the essential solutions and technologies to continuously succeed in the competitive electronics industry. BASF has been supplying electronic materials for more than 30 years. The experience we have earned and the chemical expertise we possess enables us to offer outstanding products and solutions to our customers. At BASF, we offer high purity and quality process chemicals and specialized solutions for semiconductors, flat panel displays, lighting such as LED as well as photovoltaics. With our team of passionate, dedicated experts from all facets of the industry fields working closely with our customers worldwide, we are steadfast in our philosophy to deliver the quality excellence, reliable services, and innovative solutions that exceed the highest standards.
Reporting to the Lab Manager, the scientist will be responsible for managing customer projects as well as planning and leading development projects in coordination with global R&D teams for the business area of advanced cleaning and etching.
Formula for Success
- Drive innovation effort to develop chemical formulations for precise cleaning and etching to meet customer requirements. Design and execute experiments to evaluate the performance of BASF commercial and R&D samples in customer applications.
- Serve as a customer contact for product sampling and qualification. Coordinate activities between US customers and BASF global team of product managers, quality control and quality management. Facilitate the fulfillment of customer Purchase Orders of samples in coordination with production and logistics.
- Work within multidisciplinary project teams which include EH&S, Engineering, Procurement and Logistics to provide contributions to the Hillsboro site operation. Implement EH&S rule based on BASF guideline. Accept personal responsibility to act according to process safety regulations and company directives.
- Masters and 3+ years of experience -OR- Ph.D. in chemistry or chemical engineering. Hands-on experience with semiconductor processing including cleaning, polishing, etching, photolithography and film deposition. Working knowledge on colloidal and surface chemistry. Familiar with characterization tools such as FIB, SEM, TEM, elemental analysis, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate detailed and precise technical requirements, procedures, and results in written and oral format. A team player who is self-motivated with a proactive attitude and a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement. Ability to coordinate technical activities within a multimilitary team and meet deadlines.
- Lab setup and equipment maintenance experience. Experience working with customers in product development and qualification. Knowledge and experience in chemical formulation. Experience working in a global team environment.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Apply on company website