At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. Forbes Magazine has recognized BASF as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Laboratory Technician – 2000529– Kankakee, IL
The Chemical Plant Lab Technician will provide quality control and assurance testing of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products, in a safe manner, for the BASF Corp within the scope of the ISO 9001 QuCalibrate instruments and standardize solutions according to documented procedures and complete required records.
• Prepare standards and solutions needed to maintain calibration of instruments.
• Complete routine sample analysis following documented methods and communicating with Operators and Shift Supervisors about the quality of material
• Maintain chemical standards documentation and ensure re-certification is completed and documented as needed.
• Participate in laboratory housekeeping and safety inspections Assist analytical chemists with analysis of samples and method development as needed.
• Prioritizing and managing sample testing.
• Troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
• Reporting atypical sample or equipment behavior to supervisor.
• Additional duties which a Laboratory Technician may carry out include routine chemical reactions or bench-scale tests of plant processes; sample collection in the plant; environmental monitoring; or plant analytical instrumentation maintenance/calibration.
• Assist with lab supply management including restocking lab supplies
• Utilizing equipment and data software programs.
• Create SPC charts
• Analyze, interpret SPC charts
• Enter in-process data in LIMS.
• Processing and releasing shipments.
• Evaluating raw material COAs versus approved specifications to authorize material into plant using SAP.
• Assist with writing or revising work instructions.
• Auditing quality documents.
• Document non-conformances.
• Generate COAs and review for accuracy.
• Optimize existing procedures
• Manage archival of Quality Documents
• ISO/RCMS internal auditor.
• Implement QA CAPAs
• Trainer for testing, data entry and processing paperwork.
• Participate and make recommendations in safety meetings.
• Maintaining housekeeping.
• Preparation / labeling of samples for shipment.
• Ensure compliance with all assigned training.
• Perform assigned duties as outlined by supervisor, management or designee.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma/GED with 5 years experience in a lab environment OR Associates degree in Sciences or 2 year Technical degree in Analytical Testing with 3 years experience in a lab environment
• 7+ years' experience working in a QC production lab environment supporting manufacturing demonstrating skills outlined in principle responsibilities section, preferable in positions of increasing responsibility.
• Experience supporting an ISO or GMP manufacturing environment.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment on a rotating shift.
• SAP knowledge.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Apply on company website