At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.Where the Chemistry Happens… Production Technician - 2100154 – East Setauket, NY
This position supports the Production Department by performing any or all the compounding and pre-weigh functions, in accordance with written and verbal procedures. Including the setup, operation and disassembly of manufacturing process equipment and following detailed Manufacturing Instructions which involve the addition of raw materials at specific intervals with specific operating parameters (mixing speed, temperatures etc.) Responsible for maintaining the integrity and cleanliness of the work area with respect to department standards, policies and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's) while providing support to all Production areas as needed.Principal responsibilities include:
- Participate in all site safety programs. Promote and maintain a safe work environment.
- Produce finished products in accordance with cGMP and Manufacturing Instructions.
- Perform Pre-weigh activities.
- Perform SAP transactions as required.
- Perform assembly and disassembly of production equipment.
- Perform cleaning of process equipment and production areas
- Remove and compact production refuse.
- Clean and sanitize product containers.
- Perform Calibration activities.
- Assist in training of less experienced Technicians in procedures and the proper use of manufacturing equipment and systems.
- Support production department as required and assigned.
- Properly operate all Manufacturing equipment and Control Systems.
- Accurately and efficiently complete equipment setups.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all documentation requirements of the Manufacturing area.
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…Basic Qualifications:
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent with 2 years of experience in a current GMP manufacturing environment or Associate's degree with 1 year experience.
- 1 year of computer experience using Microsoft Office programs.
- Mechanical knowledge preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Apply on company website