Production Technician – Prep- (2001783) – Seneca, SC
Where the Chemistry Happens…
A Production Technician works from specific verbal and/or written instructions to operate the appropriate process equipment to produce a consistent product in addition to the following:
• Operating, monitoring, cleaning and maintaining the equipment.
• Operating and monitoring off gas handling system.
• Slag tapping, crushing, and sampling.
• Alloy tapping, alloy casting, melting, and granulation.
• Operating all chemical processes associated with the TBRC alloy in the chemical refinery.
• Operating of grinding and sampling equipment associated with the TBRC alloy / feed in the preparation department.
• Operating / assisting in all facets of the melt room.
• Maintenance of all PM metal control documentation associated with all facets of the EAF operations.
• Material preparation in a briquetting/blending operation.
• Operating, monitoring, cleaning and maintaining the electric arc furnace.
• Coordination, preparation and documentation of materials going to Outside Refining (OSR).
• Coordination, documentation and handling of materials returning from OSR.
• Follows all safety regulations.
• Maintains acceptable housekeeping standards in work area.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting of equipment.
• Knowledge of safety regulations associated with a chemical operation
• Knowledge of proper material handling procedures.
• Ability to work a 12 hour rotating shift Monday -Sunday
• Adhere to established safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
• Participate in incident investigations.
• Accomplish day-to-day and recurring EHS activities
• Safety suggestions
• Proactive hazard recognition and EHS issues
• Attend and participate in Safety meetings
• Waste management activities
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma or GED
• Prior experience in chemical manufacturing
• Experience operating a forklift
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website